Tube Fillers/tube filling machine/Tube filling and Sealing Machine Available for Plastic, Laminate and Metal Tubes,Precise Filling System,High Output up to 100 tubes per minute,Highest Quality Seal.
Tube Filler: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
- What is Tube Filer?
- What is Tube Filler used for?
- What are the Benefits of Using a Tube Filer?
- When should you Use Tubes to Package Pharmaceutical Products?
- Are there Disadvantages of Tube Fillers?
- Which Industries use Tube Filling Machine?
- What is Ultrasonic Tube Fillers?
- What are the Advantages of Ultrasonic Tube Filling and Sealing Machines?
- How does Aluminum Tube Filler compare to Plastic Tube Filler?
- What are the Main Components of the Tube Filler Machine?
- Which Tube Filling Machines do SaintyCo offer?
- What is the Tube Filling Machine Working principle?
- Tube Filler is made from which Material?
- How do you Specify Tube Filling Machine?
- Why Invest in SaintyCo Tube Filler Machine?
- How does Automatic Tube Filler compare to Semi-automatic Tube Filler?
- How do you Troubleshoot Tube Filling Machine?
- What is a Rotary Tuber Filler Machine?
- How do you Load Products in Tube Filling Machine?
What is Tube Filer?
Tube Filler is a kind of equipment used to fill up and seal various products into tubes.
It is a multifunctional machine that fills, folds and seals tubes, with the additional capability to print batch numbers, expiry date, etc.
The machine works very well with aluminum, plastic, and laminate tubes.
The machine is made in different sizes, shapes, capacities, and designs to fit the needs of the manufactures.
What is Tube Filler used for?
You can use tube fillers to paste or semi-liquid substances in tubes.
You can use tube filler machines to fill sealants, creams, adhesives, cosmetics, greases, ointments and other products.
Depending on the design of the machine, you can use them to fill, seal, fold and emboss tubes.
What are the Benefits of Using a Tube Filer?
Tube filler equipment
You need a tube filler machine due to the following:
- It is usable in filling all types of tubes, shapes, sizes, or capacities. This machine can fill and seal tubes of up to 1.6 liters. It can also fill tubes with irregular shapes and can multitask by filling both viscous and less viscous products.
- The machine makes the packaging of creams, grease, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical products easy.
- This machine is flexible, easy to operate because it has simple software programming that is configured to fill tubes.
- It has a large touchscreen used to control the machine. Graphical status for monitoring the operation process is also available.
- The equipment has an in-built peristaltic pump that is used to set it up in a much quicker way.
- It works at high speed and accurately with or minimum wastage of products. The optimization of speed in filling has increased the company returns.
- There is a reduced labor charge since human labor needed is very minimal, if not any. The only person required is the machine operator, who will ensure the machine is operating efficiently. The use of this machine is cost-effective and increases returns since money for compensating human labor is not required.
- The machine has a large and flexible surface. This helps in allowing the accommodation of many tubes during the filling process.
- This machine is very accurate in filling the tubes with the same quantity of products. Unlike the use of manual filling, which may result in varying quantities of products in tubes. Filling products of the same quantity into the tubes manually consume time, which in turn affects the entire process.
- It can be changed over rapidly, and this promotes the filling of various products. It also helps in increasing its efficiency.
- The use of this machine helps to shield the products from any form of contamination.
- It prevents the operator from harmful products like pesticides and other chemicals since human contact with the products is minimized.
- This machine produces less noise during operation.
- It is easy to maintain and clean.
- When there is no container, there is no filling.
- Wastage of products being filled is minimized through the use of this machine.
When should you Use Tubes to Package Pharmaceutical Products?
Filling products in tubes
- Use tubes when the product efficacy can be compromised when exposed to light, air, or any harsh environmental factors.
- When the products are in creamy forms like ointments, creams, or lotions, they are very difficult to package. But this machine makes it easy.
- When the producing industry needs to distribute its creamy products in different sizes and shapes easily.
Are there Disadvantages of Tube Fillers?
Yes, there are some demerits of this machine.
- When tubes are filled with high frequency, the inner filling part of the machine might be damaged because of heat radiation. Therefore, caution should be taken when setting up the speed for operating the machine.
- There may be a bad appearance of the tube ends when over-melting of those ends takes place easily.
- It cannot operate successfully without the cooling water system, which helps in cooling the tube heads.
Which Industries use Tube Filling Machine?
Tube feeding station
· Pharmaceutical Industry
They use this equipment to fill and cup pharmaceutical products automatically.
This machine is very efficient and is used to fill ointments, creams, and liquid medicines like syrups.
· Cosmetic Industries
Most cosmetic products are packaged in tubes.
Because this machine is ideal for filling tubes of different sizes, shapes, and capacities, it therefore relevant in this industry.
It is used to fill and seal cosmetic products like shampoo, ointments, and body and hair lotions.
· Pesticide manufacturing Industries
This type of machine is very much relevant for the packaging of pesticides since it makes their distribution easy.
Moreover, they play an integral role in any industry that manufacture and package paste or semi-solid substances.
What is Ultrasonic Tube Fillers?
This is a tube filler that uses ultrasonic technology. It enables product molecules on the tube surface to fuse through ultrasonic friction.
The entire process through this machine combines loading, correcting tube position, filling, sealing, and lastly, cutting.
This machine is very relevant for creams in cosmetics industries as well as other cream products from other industries.
The advantage of this machine is that it can seal perfectly well without leaving products stuck at the tube seams.
Also, it can be used to fill and seal a variety of products like food, medicine, and cosmetics.
Another advantage of this is that it has an overload, phase separation, and power-fail protection mechanism.
It has a large output power that makes it function effectively, even with different tube sizes and materials.
In addition to these, it has easy change working mold that enables it to work with tubes of different diameters.
Lastly, this machine has tube end trimming and gear pump filler that aids in the accurate filling.
What are the Advantages of Ultrasonic Tube Filling and Sealing Machines?
- This machine meets the international standards since it does not pose any danger to either human beings or the environment.
- The machine is easy to run, clean, and maintain.
- It is automated. Therefore, positioning, filling, welding, cutting and trimming, and printing of codes are done simultaneously.
- The machine is made from stainless steel. This makes it strong and beautiful to behold.
- It allows for customization according to the desire of the customer. Therefore, it can be used to seal tubes with different sizes
- This type of filling machine is reliable, works steadily, efficient, and can last longer.
How does Aluminum Tube Filler compare to Plastic Tube Filler?
Tube feeding system
- Both Plastic and Aluminum tube fillers are ideal for filling and sealing of semi and viscous products into plastic tubes.
- They are all being used to fill pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, and chemical products. For instance, products like adhesives, cheese spreads, peanut butter, ointments, jellies, toothpaste, lotion, and caulks are packaged using this technology.
- An automated Aluminum or Plastic machine does tube feeding, filling, sealing, and trimming in a single packaging process. The operator only needs to configure the machine through the PLC touch screen and monitor the process.
- The equipment can be adjusted very fast. Therefore, it can be used to fill both soft plastic and metal tubes.
- These machines are all ideal for filling and sealing into aluminum, plastic, and laminated tubes.
Manual Tube Filling Machine Work?
This machine is ideal for small batch productions.
It can work without any connection to electric power.
It only requires human power.
To operate the machine, place it on top of a bench, and a tube is placed beneath the nozzle.
The handle is pushed away to recharge the machine.
Thereafter pull down the handle to dispense the products into the tubes.
The filled tubes are then sealed, trimmed manually, and placed aside.
What are the Main Components of the Tube Filler Machine?
The machine is made up of many parts, which all have their functions in the successful operation of the machine.
The design of each part is deliberate for the performance of specific roles.
Therefore, the following are the main components of this machine.
Tube filling equipment
This is the whole machine structure where all the machine parts sit on.
It is the outer part of the machine, and all the other parts are contained inside the frame.
This frame is made from robust materials because it supports the entire machine.
The materials used in making the frame are resistant to corrosion, harsh weather, and any form of potential physical destruction.
This frame is the back born of the entire tube filling machine.
This is the container upon which the products intended to be filled into tubes are placed.
It’s placed in an elevated position to aid in the easy flowing of products into the tubes during the filling.
Some machine has a single tank while others have many.
The number of tanks is influenced by the design of the capacity for filling the products.
In some cases, customized tanks are available in the market.
They are designed to meet the industrial specifications and requirements for a product.
A good tank should work well even at temperature variations and must be resistant to corrosion.
Therefore, the ideal material for manufacturing the tank is stainless steel.
· Filling Nozzle
This part of the machine helps in controlling the product flow direction as it leaves the filler into the tubes.
By means of a tri-clover connection, the filling nozzle is connected to the product supply area.
The part is very important since it’s one of the determinants of the machine functionality.
It has different designs, some of which are ideal for normal liquids, while others are relevant for low surface tension liquids.
When you intend to fill large volumes, filling nozzles of large sizes are relevant.
However, it should not be too big to avoid issues of products dripping, leading to wastage.
· Coding Jaws
This part helps quickly and easily setting the equipment so that the tubes can have a quality finish.
They are adjustable, and they work very well with tubes made from different materials.
The coding jaws also function perfectly on different tube thickness or hardness. This component also ensures the material elements are in good condition.
· Dosing Pump
This is a displacement pump that helps in pumping products accurately into the tubes.
It ensures the product flow rate is consistent through different methods.
It pulls quantified materials into the chamber and then injects it into the dosing tank.
When the machine is running, you can control it through the outer control system or internal pump controller. This equipment is powered by an electric motor.
· Control Unit
It is the machine component where all settings are pre-determined.
This part is very critical, and any mistake on this part may yield undesired results.
All machine parameters like speed and product quantity are controlled at this point.
The modern automatic machine has a touch screen interface where all operation procedures are pre-determined before running it.
A good control unit allows the machine operator to take full control of the equipment throughout the production process.
It has several buttons and therefore, for you to operate it, you must have a good knowledge of the machine.
This will enable you to produce high-quality products by making sure the machine works efficiently and consistently.
· Discharge Unit
This component allows the product to flow from the tank into the tubes.
It is this part of the machine that determines the quantity of the products being ejected from the tank.
The unit helps in accurately measuring the right quantity of the products, which are in-turn filled into the tubes.
The component allows for adjustments and, therefore, can function well even where varied needs are surrounding the necessary quantity.
· Tube Holder
When the tubes are being filled up, it is this part of the machine that supports the tubes.
They are usually many, but the number is determined by the capacity of the tubes in a single cycle.
They normally rotate at relatively high speed because they have to conform to the fill-up speed from the discharge unit.
The tube holders are very easy to manage since they operate automatically.
They have a very firm grip on the tubes during filling and systematically push the tube to the next level.
The consistency at which the holder shifts results from inhomogeneity in tube filling.
This is a funnel-like used to move products from one receptacle to another.
Its size is determined by the machine size and is usually located at the upper part of the machine.
This is because this position helps to facilitate the sucking of products being filled into the machine.
In addition to these, this machine component can be adjusted to the desired angle by the operator.
· Electronic Box
All electronic connections of tube fillers are centralized in this box.
It is made in four parts:
- Air switch which protects the machine circuit.
- Relay that helps in controlling the VFD wiring board.
- The wiring board connects all cables to the PLC so that the machine can work efficiently.
- Drive and Solenoid valve.
This is a component that converts the energy from electricity into mechanical energy.
This part aids in providing enough power that drives the machine so that it can function efficiently.
Motor capacities are different, and this depends on the size of the load that the equipment is expected to drive.
A machine with a heavy workload must, therefore, have a large capacity motor, which is also bigger.
· Safety System
This part of the machine has got all the elements that influence the entire machine safety.
It helps the machine user to safeguard himself against any emergency that may arise during operation.
Apart from this, it also helps you to contain any ugly situation that may lead to equipment damage.
Normally, you just need to press some buttons, and the machine will have control over the situation at hand.
Which Tube Filling Machines do SaintyCo offer?
SaintyCo offers ten types of tube fillers.
What is the Tube Filling Machine Working principle?
When you want to use this machine begins by inserting the tubes into the tube holder.
This can be done manually if the machine is semi-automatic or automatically if the machine is automated.
All functions of the machine are pre-determined at the control unit before embarking on running the machine.
When the machine is switched on, the tube holder rotates with the rotary table.
At this point, the tubes are stationed at different workstations.
All the tube filler functions are done in a sequence and automatically.
This begins with filling, sealing, printing the batch number, and then cutting the tail.
When all these are happening, you, as the machine operator, will continue to monitor the progress of the entire process.
You will also continually control the parameters like speed from the control unit accordingly.
Since most of the operations are automated, there is an achievement of consistency and accuracy while using this machine.
Tube Filler is made from which Material?
The materials used in making tube filler must be resistant to water, corrosion, and heat, among others.
SS 316 materials that are easy to clean, free from corrosion, and rust are used for making all product contact parts.
These materials must be strong enough to withstand the vibration characteristic of the machine.
How do you Specify Tube Filling Machine?
A good tube filler machine has specific technical specifications.
These specifications are illustrated in the table below:
|The main technical specifications||A-type metal sealing||B-type hot air sealing||Model||TF-200|
|Supply of power||380V 50Hz||380V 50Hz||The production speed||170-200 tube/min|
|The maximum power Kw||6Kw||14Kw||A pour volume||1.5-300ml|
|The average power Kw||5Kw||9Kw||The POWER PRECISION||Less than or equal to 1%|
|The volume of air compressed||10-20m3/h||60-90m3/h||length of the tube||50-250mm|
|The consumption of water||–||8l/min||The diameter of the tube||10-50 mm|
|The volume approximation||22m3||22m3||Power manipulator||4Kw|
Why Invest in SaintyCo Tube Filler Machine?
It’s prudent to invest in SaintyCo Tube Filling Machine because you’ll enjoy the privilege of choosing from a wide variety of tube fillers with different capacities. It’s also safe because it is the leading manufacturer of tube filler machines.
Another reason is that their machine is made from durable materials.
They also ensure the product contact parts are resistant to water, heat, and corrosion.
Apart from these, their tube filler machines work efficiently, accurately, and are reliable.
Their machines have safety mechanisms that can be used to contain any emergency that may arise during machine operation.
SaintyCo machine guarantees the safety of the operator since human contact with the products is minimized.
Also, the contamination of the product is reduced since the entire process is close to 100% automated.
How does Automatic Tube Filler compare to Semi-automatic Tube Filler?
Semi-automatic volumetric filler machine
Fully automatic tube filler machine
All these tube fillers have a good quality touch screen and PLC control system where all machine settings are done.
Both Automatic and Semi-automatic tube filler can fill and seal all kinds of pasty and viscous products.
- These machines are all used in pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, and chemical industries to fill and seal lotions, paste and creams.
- Filling, folding, sealing, code printing, and ejecting sealed tubes are all done by the automatic control system of both the machines.
- All these machines are easy to clean, adjust, and dismantle.
- These machines have intelligent temperature control and cooling system that aids in making the operation easy and reliable.
- Product contact parts of automatic and semi-automatic filler machines are made from 316 stainless steel and SS AISI 316, respectively. These are easy to clean and conform to GMP for manufacturers of medicine.
- The outer parts of automatic and semi-automatic filler machines are made from silicon and SS AISI 304, respectively.
- Automatic tube filler machines can handle products ranging from small to large batches. On the other hand, semi-automatic one mostly hands small and medium-sized batches.
- In terms of the cost of purchasing the machines, semi-automatic one is cheaper as compared to the automatic one.
- The Automatic machine does the loading of tubes into the machine automatically. On the other hand, semi-automatic equipment does loading manually. An example is the loading of tubes and manually sliding them before pressing the start button to begin the filling process.
How do you Troubleshoot Tube Filling Machine?
Troubleshooting is needed when filling tubes becomes inconsistent regardless of whether the filling is by either volume or level.
Inconsistent filling by level causes undesirable look to the products on the shelves.
Also, inconsistency in filling by volume may make the end-user feel that they are being cheated.
This may make the customers to shy away from buying the product.
Therefore, it is important to find a way of troubleshooting.
This will make you become familiar with the problems and seek solutions.
Some of the problems include:
Tube filling process
1) When the Tube Filler is not Placed on the Same Level
The machine should sit on the floor at the same level. Irregular level sitting of the machine may result in inconsistency of tube filling, spilling, and wastage of products.
If the floor is not leveled, you can adjust the machine legs to help either raise or lower it.
Once this is complete, check if the machine is now at the same level.
This is done by testing with some tubes under the fill head to see if the problem has been rectified.
2) Short Pump Duration or Sometimes Fill Time may be off
This results in the tubes not filling to a desired volume or level.
When the duration of pumping the products is too short, products don’t fill well.
Also, when the fill time as pre-determined goes off, there is a problem.
To remedy this situation, add some time to the pump duration.
You can also separate time for each individual fill head.
To avoid this shortcoming, constantly monitor the filling cycle to ensure tubes filled with the correct quantity of products.
3) Pathway Connections of the Products may Develop Pore causing Leakages
With the automatic tube filler, the materials move through different pathways into the tubes.
These pathways may have some pores that could suck air into the machine causing inconsistent tube filling.
When the pores are inside the machine, you may not necessarily see the products seep through the pores.
Therefore, it is important to check the machine and tighten loose connections.
Thereafter, run a cycle to test if the problem has been solved.
4) Parts that are Worn Out
Machine parts wear out over time. When product contact parts are worn out, it is not healthy for the products and even the users.
This is because there may be contamination even before they are filled into the tubes, compromising the product quality.
The solution to this issue is to replace the worn-out parts like nozzle from time to time.
You can also have a regular check of these parts to identify any worn out parts.
If the parts are not available, then it may call for buying a new machine.
5) Tube Holder Dysfunction
This is included in the machine interface so long as it is an automatic one.
When there is a problem with the holder, the tubes will not be filled consistently with the same product quantity.
To sort out this issue, always check the tube holders if they are functioning properly and make any necessary adjustments.
6) Tubes with Varying Sizes
This is also a problem when using a tube filler machine.
When the tubes being used are not of the same size, the machine may not yield the desired results.
Therefore it is good for you to check the range of internal volume on the tubes.
This will help you to make sure the fill level remains acceptable.
Lastly, if the experienced issues cannot be resolved as the above, you can contact the machine manufacturer.
What is a Rotary Tuber Filler Machine?
This is a machine that provides good and high-quality plastic and aluminum tubes.
It’s used in food, chemical, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics industries.
They are in different types.
That is Automatic, semi-automatic, and manual types.
Cleaning and maintaining the equipment is easy.
It has been made from a heavy-duty frame.
Some of these types of machines have servo motor, although some do not have.
Also, it has a variety of models with different speeds — for example, a high-speed linear model.
How do you Load Products in Tube Filling Machine?
Loading of materials into the machine can be done in two ways.
It can be done manually if the machine being used is semi-automatic.
Alternatively, the loading of products can be done automatically when the equipment is an automated one through the material conveyor.