Eye Drops Filling Machine: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
What is Eye Drops Filling Machine?
Eye drop filling machine is a mechanical device that you can employ in filling eye drop medication in different vials.
Which Industries use Eye Drops Filling Machine?
The industries where you can use the eye drop filling machine include:
- Pharmaceutical industry for filling eye drop medication
- Chemical industry for filling different chemicals in vials
- Cosmetic industry for filling various beauty products into vials.
- Food Industry
- Light Industry
What are the Benefits of Eye Drops Filling Machine?
Eye drops filling machine
In the process of using the eye drop filling machine, you will experience the following benefits:
- The machine is easy to operate with computer control peristaltic filling, and dosage filling.
- It is easy to clean and sterilize thus causing no pollution.
- You can easily set the dosage of filling the vials with no necessity of stopping the machine.
- The machine has sensors that will detect the presence of a bottle before filling
- The filling part also has a shrinking function that will reduce dripping of medication after filling.
- You can closely monitor and adjust the functions of the machine through automatic display of the functions.
It has a PLC control panel that allows you to monitor and program all the functions including production speed.
- The machine is reliable in terms of filling process and materials thus increasing the durability.
- You can use the machine in the installation of a protection device according to your requirements.
- The construction of the machine is in accordance to the quality standards qualification standards.
- It has an adjustable, automatic temperature control system for controlling the temperature in the filling process.
Are there Drawbacks of Eye Drops Filling Machine?
Yes, there are limitations of eye drop filling machines.
The major limitations that you will experience include:
- The machine experiences difficulty in accurately measuring the right amount of eye drop to fill.
- Most of the eye drop filling machines are bulky and require wide operation space.
- It is often expensive to purchase and install the eye drop filling machine
- Eye drops often experience storage issues
What are the Main Parts of Eye Drops Filling Machine?
Eye drop filling machines have numerous parts that assist in its operations and these include:
Eye drops filling
· Peristaltic Pumps
You can control the peristaltic pumps from a computer based system to assist in measuring the quantity of eye drops.
· Control Panel
This is the main human machine interface where you will control all the eye drop filling operations.
It consists of a PLC touchscreen that allows you to program the machine among other monitoring activities.
· Pneumatic System
This is the air pressure control system which is responsible for pushing enough amounts of eye drops into the vials.
· Electric System
This is the unit that provides power that the machine requires in the process of filling the eye drop vials.
· Automatic Sensors
The sensors assist in detecting the presence of a vial before releasing the eye drop liquid.
It assists in the reduction of wastage of the eye drops as well as increasing the overall safety of the machine.
· Reciprocating Filling Nozzle
This is the main part of the machine that directs the eye drop medication into the vials.
· Conveyor System
The conveyor system transports the vials from one station to the next for various purposes.
· Main Drive System
Main drive system consists of AC motors with synchronized variables that move the moving parts of the machine.
· Vibratory Feeder
Helps in feeding or transporting parts of the eye drop filling vials to different stations.
The chute is responsible for delivering the oriented nozzles via the vibratory feeder to the fitting station.
· Capping system
This is the part of the machine that picks up and places the cap on the vial or eye drop container.
It consists of cap placing devices, cap in-feed hopper, safety hood devices, and the laminar flow system.
It applies the vacuum suction theory in picking and placing the caps.
Apart from that, it also places protection devices on the vials to prevent it from leaking.
· Plugging System
It consists of plug detection devices and plug hoppers that assist in the concise placement of the plus on the vials.
· Bottle Rejection System
Eye drops filling station
This is the part of the machine that will detect the type of bottle and reject the bottles that have defects.
What is the Function of Eye Drops Filling Machine?
You can use eye drop filling machine to not only fill eye drops medication, but also to perform the following:
- Production of small dosage liquids such as the eye drop liquid
- Automatically stoppering the vial that contain the eye drop medication
- Automatically adding a cap on top of the vial with eye drop medication
- Automatically screwing the cap onto the packaging vial of the eye drop medication
- Vial straightening
- Vial feeding
- Air purging
- Measurement of the right quantity of eye drop medication to fill into the vial
- Split Charging
- Inner plugging
Which Types of Eye Drops Filling Machines are there?
There are different types of eye drop filling machines that you can choose from including:
Aseptic eye drops filling machine
· Manual Eye Drop Filling Machine
Most of the operations of the manual eye drop filling machine depend on human assistance.
· Semi-automatic Eye Drop Filling Machine
This machine requires human assistance in some of the operations.
Implying that other operations are fully automatic.
· Automatic Eye Drop Filling Machine
All the operations of the automatic eye drop filling machine are fully automatic.
All you have to do is program the machine and then allow it to perform the operations.
What are the Characteristics of SaintyCo Eye Drops Filling Machine?
SaintyCo eye drop filling machines have the following characteristics:
- Computer control of peristaltic filling and filling dosages that is easy to operate.
- The machines are easy to clean, sterilize, with minimal risk of pollution.
- You can easily set the filling dosages without running the risk of stopping the machine.
- SaintyCo eye drop filling machine will not produce the filling liquid without the filling bottle in place.
- It also has a shrinking function that will stop the dripping of eye drop medication thus reducing wastage.
- It has an automatic display of the counting function and an inverter that will adjust the speed.
- The machines adopt cylinder to auto add stoppers that will add the outside cap too.
- They have constant torsion cap-screwing, that increases the reliability and quality of screwed cap.
- You can depend on one machine to complete twin needle filling and addition of twin track stoppers,
Apart from that, it is capable of addition of twin track caps and cap-screwing.
- It has the capability of installing 100-class laminar flow protection devices according your specifications.
- SaintyCo adhere to the GMP requirements during the manufacturing process of the eye drop filling machine.
Does SaintyCo offer New Technology for Eye Drops Filling Machine?
Yes, SaintyCo offers new technology for eye drops filling machines.
Some of the new technology that you will find in SaintyCo eye drop filling machines include:
- DSG-120 Eye Drops Filling Machine Mature Cutting-edge Technology
This is an advanced servo step multi-axis motion control system with HCI and PLC that leads to full automatic control.
- DSG-120 Eye Drops Filling Machine Safe, Reliable and Trustworthy Products
It consists of a servo step multi-axis motion control system that is capable of enabling safe and reliable operations.
It also comes in handy in reducing the fault rates, and enabling extremely low cost of operation and maintenance.
How does Eye Drops Filling Machine ensure Safety?
Eye drop filling machine has a servo step multi-axis motion control system that enables the safety and reliability of the operations.
It also has an overload automatic protection system that will shut down the machine automatically in case of faults.
In case of any faults, the machine will display the information to the control panel or human computer interface.
Is there Difference between Eye Drops Filling Machine and Aseptic Filling Machine?
Yes, there is a difference between eye drops filling machine and aseptic filling machine.
The eye drop filling machine uses the old technology in filling the eye drop medication into the vials and containers.
Aseptic filling machine is an improvement of the eye drop filling machine filling technology.
It ensures that the process of eye drop filling is sterile with no form of contamination during the filling process.
How do you Troubleshoot Eye Drops Filling Machines?’
Trouble shooting of eye drop filling machines will give you the problems that the machine may have.
Some of the problems that you may experience by troubleshooting the eye drop filling machine include:
Eye drops filling system
· Fills are not Level
During the filling process, the amount of eye drop liquid inside the bottles may not be at the right level.
This can be as a result of:
i. Slanting machine not sitting level on the floor
ii. Poorly spacing of the spacers during the changeover
iii. Changing fill times especially when changing vial sizes
iv. Leaks or blockages of the filling nozzles
You can sort the problem by placing the machine on level ground and resetting he machine to align the spacers well.
You should also make sure that you adjust the filling parameters appropriately when changing bottle sizes.
You should do a visual inspection of the fill nozzles and make sure that none of them is blocked or leaking.
· Faulty Head Dive
You may have problems with the head dive as it might have difficulty in raising and lowering accordingly.
This can be a mechanical problem or it might be a result of the following factors:
i. Leaking or disconnected air lines
ii. Incompatible settings
You should check all the airlines especially after a change over to ensure secure connections
Apart from that, make sure that the supply of air to the machine is efficient enough.
You have to make sure that the settings on the control panel are in order and then reset it accordingly.
· Excess Foam in Bottles
In many cases, the filling process may result in the formation of foam inside the bottle.
This can be as a result of:
- An increase in filling speed thus shortening the fill time.
- Inappropriate placement of the spacers and nozzles.
You can sort this by controlling the fill time accordingly to avoid the formation of excess foams.
You should also make sure that the spacers and nozzles are hitting the right depth in the filling process.
Eye Drops Filling Machines should conform to which Quality Standards?
Eye drops filling machine
Whenever you are purchasing an eye drop filling machine, make sure that it is of the highest quality.
Implying that the eye drop filling machines should conform to the following quality standards:
- Current good manufacturing practices (cGMP)
- CE that ensures that all the electrical components are safe
- ISO certification
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) quality standards.
- United States Pharmacopoeia (USP)
- European Pharmacopoeia (PhEur)
- Japanese Pharmacopoeia
How do you Choose Eye Drops Filling Machine?
You should consider the following features when you are looking to purchase an eye drop filling machine:
The main material for the eye drop filling machine is stainless steel.
It is a sterile material that does not rust thus ensuring the hygiene of the eye drop filling process.
· Brand and Model of the Eye Drop Filling Machine
You should consider going for a brand or model that has a good reputation among other eye drop filling machine users.
· Production Capacity of the Eye Drop Filling Machine
You should look for an eye drop filling machine that will fit your production needs in terms of capacity.
In case you are looking for a machine for large scale production then it has to be an automatic machine.
· Quality Compliance of the Eye Drop Filling Machine
The eye drop filling machine has to comply to the quality standards of eye drop filling to ensure safety and hygiene.
· Eye Drop Filling Machine User Friendliness
You should go for a machine that has a human machine interface that you can easily operate.
This includes getting a machine a PLC control panel that allows you to program and monitor the operations.
· Technological Advancements of the Eye Drop Filling Machine
The machine that you choose has to comply with the latest form of technology in the industry.
· Technical Specifications of the Eye Drop Filling Machine
The technical specifications will determine the performance, quality and speed of the machine.
· Integration of the Eye Drop Filling Machine with other Support Machines
You need a machine that you can integrate with other support machines easily to complete the production line.
· Specific Applications of Eye Drop Filling Machine
You have to specify the exact purpose of the eye drop filling machine so that you can get the most efficient one.
Eye Drop Filling Machine Offer How many Capping Options?
The eye drop filling machine offers different types of capping options such as:
- Screw caps with threads that secure the cap to the container
- Press on closures with beads and undercuts for holding the cap in place instead of threads.
- Crimp flutes
- Child resistant closures that make it difficult for children to open
- Tear off caps for one time use of eye drops
How many Types of Eye Drops Filling Machines do SaintyCo offer?
SaintyCo offers two main types of eye drop filling machines which include:
Does SaintyCo Install and Commission Eye Drops Filling Machine?
Yes, SaintyCo will install and commission eye drop filling machine.
You will have to make a request to the company which will send a technician to assist in the installation.
The technician will also make sure that they leave the machine in proper working condition after commissioning.
What is the Difference between Eye Drops Filling Machine URS and FAT?
Factory acceptance test is a series of inspections and tests that the supplier of the eye drop filling machine performs.
While at the factory, the supplier will ensure that the machine is in order and in perfect working conditions.
FAT will assist the supplier in identifying the presence of any issues before shipping it to your destination.
Typically, a complete FAT will consist of dynamic review and static review.
User requirement specifications come in handy when you want to purchase a custom eye drop filling machine.
You will have to sit down with the supplier’s team and specify all the specifications that you would like to include.
The supplier’s team will review the specifications and certify the functionality before committing to manufacturing the machine.