Your chocolate production line will not be complete without chocolate coating machine.
A reason why this guide covers all the critical aspects you need to know about chocolate coating machine such as features, design, parts, to working principle, amongst others.
Keep reading to learn more.
- What is a Chocolate Coating Machine?
- Is there Difference Between Chocolate Coating Machine and Chocolate Enrobing Machine?
- What are the Advantages of Chocolate Coating Machine?
- What are the Main Features of Chocolate Coating Machine?
- Which Types of Chocolate Coating Machines are Available in the Market?
- What are the Key Parts and Components of Chocolate Coating Machine?
- How Does a Chocolate Coating Machine Work?
- Which are the Types of Confectionery that you can Process Using Chocolate Coater Machine?
- Can you Use Chocolate Coating Machine in Pharmaceutical Industry?
- Which are the Materials used for Construction of Chocolate Coating Machine?
- What the Production Output of Chocolate Coating Machine?
- Are there Lab Chocolate Coating Machines?
- What is CIP in Chocolate Coater?
- Can you Decorate with Chocolate Coating Machine?
- How do you Remove Excess Coating in Chocolate Coater Machine?
- Does Chocolate Coating Machine come with Chocolate Tempering System?
- Is Cooling Tunnel Necessary in Chocolate Coating Line?
- How do you Troubleshoot Chocolate Coating Machine?
- Do Chocolate Enrober Machines have Standard Conveyor Width?
- Which are the Important Quality Certifications for Chocolate Coating Machine?
- What is the Price of Chocolate Coating Machine?
- Can you Integrate Chocolate Coating Machine with other Chocolate Processing Machines?
- Do you Make OEM Chocolate Coating Machine?
- Which are the New Technology in Chocolate Coating Machine?
What is a Chocolate Coating Machine?
It refers to a type of confectionery equipment ordinarily used for applying different chocolate coating mediums to a wide range of food products.
This equipment is integrated with various machines to form a continuous production line for offering efficient coating solutions.
A typical chocolate coating device is mainly used in the confectionery industry for coating numerous types of food products. However, it also comes in handy in other sectors, specifically in pharmaceuticals, to coat different medicinal products.
This equipment is also available in different sizes and other varieties depending on technical and structural features.
You can always use different food materials on this equipment to enrobe a variety of food products.
Chocolate Coating Machine
Is there Difference Between Chocolate Coating Machine and Chocolate Enrobing Machine?
Not per se, you can always use both chocolate coating and chocolate enrobing machines interchangeably. All you need is to ensure the settings are rightly set.
The working principle in these two machines is also more or less similar. They can both use similar or different extra machinery based on the specific type of final product they are coating.
Nonetheless, the core difference between these two components revolves around the type of auxiliary equipment they use.
What are the Advantages of Chocolate Coating Machine?
A typical chocolate coating machine offers a broad range of benefits, making it a worthy investment.
Some of these advantages are as follows;
- Provides faster turnaround of coating different food materials and reducing unnecessary downtime. This saves cost and time while increasing throughput, which impacts turnover directly.
- Framing and other contact parts constructed using a stainless steel material, which ordinarily offers greater durability since it is hardy.
The material is also easy to clean, and food-grade thus prevents contamination given it is anti-bacterial.
- Comes with a broad variety of features and other auxiliary equipment well-integrated to form a solid and seamless production line.
You can always utilize the different features to enhance the efficiency of the device in the production process.
- Offers food and pharmaceutical coating solutions all the time and guarantees increased production volume.
- Features numerous automated functions integrated into a user-friendly Human Machine Interface (HMI) for easy monitoring and control of different parameters.
- Reduces general operating costs since the machine requires few operators to handle different aspects of food coating process. This allows you to save on a considerable cost you’d otherwise incur on labor.
- It guarantees uniformity and consistency in coating different food products, which is vital in enhancing product’s appearance and value.
What are the Main Features of Chocolate Coating Machine?
Ideally, a typical chocolate coating equipment has several features. However, these features tend to vary depending on the actual model, size, customization needs, and other machine elements.
Nevertheless, it is vital to know some of the main features, which are likely available in most chocolate coating machines.
They include the following;
- Digital PLC Display Control – Comes with a compact LCD touchscreen integrated with HMI for monitoring and controlling different machine parameters.
- Compact Structural Construction – Enhances convenience, especially during transportation and installation. It also allows it to cover a smaller section of your workspace if space is a concern.
- Stainless Steel Framing Construction – Allows it to endure different harsh environmental and weather conditions without compromising efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Compatible with New or Existing Lines – You can fix it to different production lines, whether new or existing, enhancing its reliability, convenience, and efficiency.
- Temperature Control – Regulates the temperature needed for heating or cooling ingredients to match the required levels accordingly.
- Versatile – You can use it to coat different products of varied sizes and shapes.
- Weight subject to dimensional and construction requirements
- Adopt power rating
- Semi or fully automatic options
Which Types of Chocolate Coating Machines are Available in the Market?
These machines come in different variants depending on a specific model and wide-ranging technical and structural specifications.
Manufacturers also determine the specific type of this equipment available in the market.
The common types you are likely to find include the following;
Semi-Automatic Chocolate Coating Machine
This variant features a few automated and a few manually operated functions. Essentially, it requires human intervention in most of its operations to yield better results.
Fully Automatic Chocolate Coating Machine
Fully Automatic Chocolate Coating Machine
It is a variant, which features a detailed automated automation system to drive and operate different aspects of the machine. All the control parameters are monitored and regulated from an integrated Human Machine Interface through a touchscreen PLC control unit.
The comprehensive automation of this unit allows it to optimize the overall coating process. Of course, this is essential since it guarantees high-quality product coating consistently.
Chocolate Coating Pan Machine
It is a chocolate coating machine variant, which uses panning technique to enrobe products. This machine features a stainless steel pan resembling an ellipsoid shape on top of gearbox shaft.
You also find its variants, which come with a powerful electric motor propelling the gearbox shaft when the machine is running. Most recent chocolate coating pan machines control airflow and temperature to provide whole control of coating process.
Mini-Chocolate Coating Machine
It is most preferred type as far as small-scale coating production is concerned. Many of the features in this type of coating machine are available in standard chocolate coating equipment.
Additionally, its compact size allows it to take only a small space within your specific working area. Mini-chocolate coating device is relatively lightweight; thus, you can easily transport it from one workspace to another.
It is also comparatively cost-effective, making it an easy purchase if you’re interested in small-scale coating production.
Nut Chocolate Coating Machine
It is an ideal coating machine variant suitable for different dry nuts. Even so, it has a relatively similar working principle to most of the standard chocolate coating machines.
The major difference it exhibits from other types of chocolate coating machines is on the specific products it coats.
Some of the products commonly used in this machine include walnuts, macadamia, cashew nuts, and pistachios among others.
What are the Key Parts and Components of Chocolate Coating Machine?
A standard chocolate coating machine is made of several parts and components interlinked to execute specific functions.
It is imperative to know most of the key parts and components of this machinery.
Here are the major parts and components of a typical chocolate coating machine;
- Tempering Unit – Facilitates onboard and outboard of different chocolate coating ingredients.
- De-Tailing Rod – Removes smaller pieces of unwanted chocolate tails as they move to the cooling tunnel.
- Blower Station – Moderates the chocolate quantity on the surface of a particular coated food product
- Chocolate Tank – Entails a water jacketing and agitation suitable for regulating temperature.
- Licking Roller – Moderates and controls quantity of chocolate on the bottom section of the food product.
- Coating Station – Contains a waterfall-like curtain for coating different surfaces of a product.
- Wire Belt – Expedites product conveyance through different stations within the production line.
- Chocolate Pump – Uses a pressure system to circulate chocolate ingredients to the enrobing station.
- Vibration Station – Eliminates excess chocolate ingredients from the sides of coated products.
- HMI Control Panel – Features PLC touchscreen for monitoring and controlling varied machine operating parameters.
- Cooling Tunnel – Facilitates speedy, easy, and appropriate cooling and solidification of the chocolate ingredients on the products.
- Thermoregulator – Allows efficient and quick temperature settings adjustments depending on the required processing conditions.
- Speed Control – Adjusts the coating process of chocolate-coated products of various sizes and types.
How Does a Chocolate Coating Machine Work?
Ideally, the working principle of a typical chocolate coating equipment takes effect in different stages along the production line.
You’ll find out that comparatively large equipment for commercial chocolate coating often comes as a complete chocolate coating system.
Relatively smaller machines designed for small-scale production may come in separate components and be integrated to form a single unit.
Even so, the working principle tends to be somewhat the same since it involves the basic principles across all models.
Here is a step by step process of how this equipment works;
- All the necessary chocolate raw materials and ingredients are introduced into the tempering system. This allows the materials to melt and turn into a smooth liquid formulation.
Tempering system is connected with the coating machine to supply liquid chocolate formulation at the coating stage.
- The melted liquid chocolate formulation goes through a wire rack, which carries it to via the prebottomer for consistent coating.
Wire rack takes the formulation towards the chocolate coating device and easing its passage through a preliminary cooling conveyor. And this is fundamental since it expedites solidification of liquid chocolate formulation applied by the prebottomer.
- The solidified formulation goes through the conveyor for transportation towards the coating pump and forms a continuous waterfall-like curtain.
This curtain covers the respective set surface of the product. Through the aid of coating pumps, the actual coating process takes place at this stage.
- Chocolate liquid formulation failing to get on the item drains back through the wire rack. Depending on the specific model of chocolate coating machine you are using, some allow the ingredients to return to the tempering unit.
Some machines also have blowers, which perform a similar function making sure chocolate never pools on the product.
- Immediately the product leaves the coating pump, it goes straight to the vibrating table.
Essentially, the wire rack vibrates dynamically to ensure the chocolate ingredient formulation coats the products evenly.
- The coated product then moves to the de-tailing rod. The essence of this rod is merely to cut or remove excess or unwanted chocolate ingredient pieces.
- Chocolate-coated products are then transferred to wax paper to make it easy to remove them immediately they cool down.
Typically, they pass through an elongated cooling, and insulated tunnel operated at a constant low temperature. This makes it yield a shiny, hard-finish product with a relatively optimized shelf-life.
That’s primarily how a typical chocolate coating machine works.
Coating Process in Chocolate Coater
Which are the Types of Confectionery that you can Process Using Chocolate Coater Machine?
They are quite a number, but the most common ones include the following;
- Candy bars
- Ice cream
- Chewing gums
Can you Use Chocolate Coating Machine in Pharmaceutical Industry?
Absolutely yes! There are several medicinal products often coated using chocolate coater.
In essence, you need to adjust the machine accordingly to match the specific coating requirements of these pharmaceutical products.
Some of these items include the following,
- Softgel capsules
- Medicinal cookies
Which are the Materials used for Construction of Chocolate Coating Machine?
Typically, stainless steel takes a significant share in the overall construction of a standard chocolate coating machine. The entire framing and base components are often designed using stainless steel materials.
Contact parts are also made using stainless steel since it is hardy hence offers durability and efficiency for such components.
It is also a suitable option for food handling since it exhibits anti-bacterial properties and it’s easy to clean.
Even so, the specific grade of this material may vary depending on actual component of the machine.
Aluminum is also another alternative material that can be considered for a number of chocolate coating machine components. However, aluminum is not as strong and agile as stainless steel, thus suitable for machines designed for small-scale production.
Other components of this machine-like PLC unit can be manufactured using different materials such as thermoplastics.
Technically, the best material for any chocolate coating machine component is highly dependent on the use of the part.
What the Production Output of Chocolate Coating Machine?
Several factors determine the general production output of a typical chocolate coating machine.
For instance, a chocolate coater with a higher power rating seemingly has higher production output than a similar unit with a lower power rating.
Another output determinant factor is general size. Technically, commercial chocolate coating machines tend to be relatively large hence support higher production output.
Such machines incorporate different equipment within the production line to ensure they tolerate higher capacity.
On the other hand, small-scale chocolate coating machines are usually compact, thus reducing production output.
The belt width and length is another fundamental aspect, which determines the overall production output of this electromechanical device. Essentially, the wider and the longer the belt size, the higher the machine’s speed and consequently higher output.
And most importantly, the automation level of the equipment also plays a great role in determining the actual production output.
Mostly, a fully automated chocolate coating machine delivers higher production output than an ordinary semi-automatic unit.
The parameters in the former are executed automatically with limited human intervention, unlike in the latter.
As such, there is no precise production output for chocolate coater since many factors, including the above-mentioned ones, influence it.
Are there Lab Chocolate Coating Machines?
Lab Scale Chocolate Coating Machine
Yes, most of these variants are used for producing samples in hi-tech laboratories in determining many aspects, including quality of a final product.
Lab chocolate coating machines are typically complex and incorporate broad aspects of advanced technology. You can find them in either small or large sizes depending on your preference.
What is CIP in Chocolate Coater?
CIP refers to the ability of a chocolate coating machine to clean itself while an operation is underway.
Technically, it is always challenging to clean the different internal surfaces and contact parts of the machine without necessarily stopping or disassembling it.
As such, it becomes difficult to guarantee clean surfaces, especially when the equipment is under extended production process.
CIP, however, is an automatic cleaning feature, which cleans the equipment surfaces and components without disassembling them. You also won’t need to stop it from operating to clean it since this feature supports automatic self-cleaning.
Can you Decorate with Chocolate Coating Machine?
Yes. In many instances, confectionery products coated using this type of machine have decorative elements on them.
These decorations add visual appeal, making them attractive. And this is essential since it increases the value of the product.
Most modern chocolate coating machines come with decorator modules. These modules allow you to apply different decorations to the confectionery product based on your demands.
However, not all chocolate coating devices come with such features. Thus, you need to inquire from the manufacturer to determine whether it has the feature before purchasing it.
How do you Remove Excess Coating in Chocolate Coater Machine?
A typical chocolate coating equipment features a product-oriented air stream function. It allows you to quickly remove excess coating from the product’s surface to prevent having a relatively thick layer.
Mainly, this occurs at the vibration station, where the products are dynamically shaken to ensure they attain a uniform coating layer.
Does Chocolate Coating Machine come with Chocolate Tempering System?
It is dependent on the type of chocolate coating machine you are purchasing. Ideally, you can always buy an all-in-one chocolate coater, which comes with all the parts and components intact.
However, you may also choose to purchase the machine and its different components, including the tempering system, separately.
In a nutshell, a tempering system is a critical component of a chocolate coater. However, you can choose to have it separately or included in the machine when purchasing one.
Is Cooling Tunnel Necessary in Chocolate Coating Line?
Most definitely. It is regarded as a piece of essential auxiliary equipment to integrate into a chocolate coating line.
Ordinarily, the cooling unit cools down the liquid chocolate formulation enabling it to solidify and cure appropriately on the product. The formulation is often in the range of between 45-50°C.
Cooling tunnel, however, is maintained at approximately 5°C, making it relatively cool for faster solidification of the coated products.
It is thus an essential component in the overall chocolate coating line.
Chocolate Cooling Tunnel
How do you Troubleshoot Chocolate Coating Machine?
It depends on the type of fault or malfunction the chocolate coater is experiencing. In most instances, the manufacturer always provides a detailed user manual with all possible trouble-shooting instructions.
Nevertheless, here are the common troubleshooting issues you’re likely to experience and how to deal with them;
Failure of a Machine to Power
In this case, the cause could be due to faulty power or improper wiring connection. It could also be due to a disconnected wire from its position, thus cutting down the circuit.
To rectify this issue, ensure the machine wires are correctly connected, and the power source is fully functional.
Common as a result of a stalled vibration station or blower station. To troubleshoot this issue, ensure the vibration station is well set to match necessary vibration requirements for the product.
Often as a result of improper drying, primarily due to insufficient cooling. Troubleshooting this requires a longer cooling tunnel with a constant temperature maintained at 5° C throughout.
Do Chocolate Enrober Machines have Standard Conveyor Width?
Not at all. The ideal width of a conveyor of this machine is dependent on a broad range of factors.
First, the overall size of the production line determines the specific conveyor width of the machine. Of course, the longer the production line, the wider the conveyor width, and vice versa.
Also, the machine’s speed determines the overall width of the conveyor. A faster equipment requires a broader conveyor unit for efficiency and vice versa.
And most importantly, the power rating of an enrober influences the general conveyor width. Enrober with a highly rated power supply tends to have a wider conveyor width and vice versa.
In short, there is no standard conveyor unit widths for enrobing machines. You can always get your customized unit based on what suits your preferences regarding conveyor width.
Which are the Important Quality Certifications for Chocolate Coating Machine?
They are quite a number and often depend on a specific target market for the chocolate coating machine.
However, the most outstanding ones that cut across different markets globally include the following;
- CE certification
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM)
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
What is the Price of Chocolate Coating Machine?
It is dependent on a host of variables. First, the specific brand of chocolate coater you are purchasing influences the actual cost you can pay for it.
Mostly, brands with an excellent reputation in the market tend to be somewhat more expensive than less-known brands. But this doesn’t necessarily mean that the relatively unpopular brands are of inferior quality.
Another determinant price aspect is the user machine’s user preference as far as customization is concerned. You can always choose a standard design or customized unit, which is always more expensive than the former.
Automation level and extra features are also fundamental cost determinant elements of chocolate coating machines. A basic unit with fewer features will cost less than what a premium unit with advanced features would cost.
Production capacity, size, power rating, and other such parameters also influence the actual cost of this machine.
Additionally, buying the component as a whole is also more cost-effective than purchasing its components separately. In essence, there is no standard price for any chocolate coating machine.
However, you can find a basic one from a starting price of about US $10,000 depending on the aforementioned factors. You may as well acquire a more advanced unit from a starting price of about $100,000.
Can you Integrate Chocolate Coating Machine with other Chocolate Processing Machines?
Yes. Mostly, a typical chocolate coater works together with other equipment in a coating line to accomplish the process.
This makes it possible to integrate it with other related machines to facilitate a faster and efficient coating process.
However, you must ensure the specific chocolate processing machines you are integrating with the coater are compatible. This makes it easy to reduce unnecessary downtime and, at the same time, guarantees efficiency.
Chocolate Production Line
Do you Make OEM Chocolate Coating Machine?
Yes, we specialize in making a variety of chocolate coating machines, including OEM options.
In this case, all you need is to provide a prototype of your design construction and other related information about your brand.
It undergoes a meticulous process to establish any possible legal implications concerning the patent rights. Once approved, the company goes ahead to manufacture OEM chocolate coaters, which match your exact requirements.
Which are the New Technology in Chocolate Coating Machine?
Traditional chocolate coating machines did not involve a broader perspective as far as technology is concerned. It made it difficult to have a higher production capacity due to unending machine downtime,
Monitoring the quality of the final product was also relatively challenging since numerous parameters were hardly automated.
However, in the recent past, most models of this machine incorporate advanced levels of new technology.
For instance, the equipment features an HMI touch screen panel for monitoring and controlling different machine parameters. This makes it easy to determine and maintain the quality of the final product.
Modern chocolate coating machines also have a thermoregulator. This device facilitates faster and efficient temperature setting adjustment based on the needed processing conditions.
In essence, this is vital because the overall quality of product coating is dependent mainly on the set temperature levels for materials.
And importantly, this equipment also comes fitted with a microprocessor. This device handles, relays, and retracts all the machine’s information logically and in a controlled manner on a single integrated circuit.
As such, it makes human communication with the machine relatively easy, which increases the overall efficiency and reliability of the coating equipment.
For all your chocolate coating machine needs, you can contact SaintyCo right now.