Home » Softgel Manufacturing
Leads the industry in innovation
•World class products
•Broad and deep experience
•From a single machine to a complete manufacturing and packaging facility
•Pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmetic and paintball industries
We understand softgels – from formulation through packaging.
We can help with your formulations, determine the best equipment for
your needs , and design your entire facility. Our understanding of
softgels goes well beyond manufacturing equipment. We understand the day to day challenges of running a plant at peak efficiency. We use that
knowledge and our customer’s feedback to build the best softgel
manufacturing equipment available.
The following plant requirements interact one with another and need to be carefully evaluated:
•Machine costs (both capital and operating)
•Product handling and packaging needs
SaintyCo Technologies couples its extensive experience in
plant and equipment design with it’s knowledge of day to day
operations of softgel manufacturing. These parallel
experiences make us uniquely qualified to assist in the
design of your facility.
Controlling temperature and humidity are vital to a successful softgel manufacturing operation.
Questions to consider include:
•What are the required conditions for manufacture?
•What are the dimensions of the area to be conditioned?
•Will there be an internal heat load and if so, how much and where is it?
•How much humidity is allowed in the specialized areas?
•How will humidity be increased or decreased by the process and
equipment in the facility?
•Are there special environmental requirements?
•How might the climate of location affect the facility? Altitude, seasons?
•How are the requirements altered with additional shifts?
We can guide you through the process of optimizing your
environmental and operating plans. Or, we can also do it for you
with a turnkey solution.
SaintyCo Technologies understands product development. We can help
you save time and money often associated with product development.
Our team has expertise in a wide range of softgel formulations,
including: oils, gels, suspensions, emulsions and pastes.
We will help you develop an efficient, scalable, transferable
process that optimizes your product’s stability and bioavailability
The quality of your product will be directly affected by the
quality of your process documentation. Our IQ, OQ, and PQ,
validation processes help you assess, develop and
implement the appropriate processes to meet your
quality and regulatory requirements.
We can provide you with any of the following documentation:
• FAT – Factory Authorize Test
• IQ – Installation Qualification
• OQ – Operational Qualification
Gelatin Preparation – the process of blending and heating granulated gelatin and other
ingredients in warm water in a gelatin melting tank. With appropriate heat, mixing
and vacuum, the ingredients form a thick syrup called a “gel mass” for use in encapsulation.
Color may be added during the melting process or in a separate machine.
Fill Material Preparation – the process of preparing the non-aqueous oil or paste that will be encapsulated.
Preparation equipment may include: processing tanks, mixers, vacuum homogenizers, sieves and mills. Heated and
unheated transfer tanks may be used for the fill material and gelatin while waiting for encapsulation.
Encapsulation – the process of converting the gel mass into a thin layer of gelatin and wrapping it around
the fill material to form a softgel. Click here to see how an encapsulation machine works.
Drying – the process which removes excess moisture from the gelatin shell to shrink and firm up the softgel. Drying
occurs either by tumbling or by a combination of tumbling and tray drying.
Cleaning, Inspection and Sorting – often required prior to packaging based upon the intended use of the softgel.
Our installation and training are custom tailored to fit your needs.
•Completely install your equipment
•Customize training to specific needs of your employees
•Offer full spare part support
•Conduct real time ethernet troubleshooting
SaintyCo Technologies has pioneered many innovations in softgel production. Below are some examples
of our continued efforts to advance the capabilities of our softgel equipment:
|Automatic Ribbon Control
• Automatically controls gel ribbon thickness
• Reduces gelatin loss and set up time by 84%
• Extends die roll life
Automated Gel Feeder
• Ensures consistent gelatin supply
|Independent Clutched Fill Material Pump Drive
• Allows fill pump to be stopped and started without affecting gel flow or machine timing
|Radically Improved Wedge Design
• More effective softgel sealing at higher speeds
• Superior heat control
|Improved Spreader Box
• Superior heat control
• Swing out feature
|Improved Cooling System
• Never requires additional water
• Superior cooling
• Internal design
|Simplified Timing Verification
• Requires only one person
• Independently lit and magnified
|Remote Troubleshooting Via Internet
• Capable of online connection to CapPlus technicians
|Continuous Tumble Drying
• High velocity blowers
• Extra large baskets
Automatic Softgel Polisher
• Feeds softgels directly from dryers
• Used for particle size reduction
• Passes material through grinding stone
• Useful for pastes or suspensions
• Blends fill material
• Uses vacuum to remove air
• Can be wall mounted for ease of use and saving space
Fill Material Transfer Tank
• 50 to 300 liters
• Water jacketed for heating
• Floor level feeding
|The R Series||Output/Hr|
• Operating speed of up to 3.5 RPM
|# 2 Oval||31,920|
|# 5 Oval||17,850|
|# 7.5 Oval||14,280|
|# 12 Oval||12,600|
|# 12 Oblong||11,340|
|# 15 Oblong||10,080|
|# 17 Oblong||9,450|
|# 20 Oblong||9,450|
|# 22 Oblong||9,450|
|# 5 Round||20,580|
|# 10 Round||15,120|
|# 40 Round||10,500|
|The R Series||Output/Hr|
|R-2 Softgel Encapsulation Machine
• Operating speed of up to 5 RPM
• 10″ x 6″ die rolls
Drying occurs by tumbling or by a combination of tumbling and tray drying
Standard Tumble Drying
• 1 to 6 baskets
• Drying trays in tunnels
Continuous Tumble Drying
• 8 to 16 baskets
• Larger baskets and blowers
• No trays or tunnel
Tray Drying – The softgels come out of the tumble dryers and are placed on paper lined drying trays. The trays are then stacked on dolleys and pushed into drying tunnels. This method is used in a multiple product process.
Continuous Drying – Continuous drying uses more and larger tumble dryers, the softgels spend more time in the dryers. This method is usually found in a single product process.
PharmaSpec – Semi-automatic inspection machine
• Variable flipping, vibrator and rolling speeds for efficient inspection
Thick-Sort – Fully automatic diameter sorter
• up to 400,000 softgels per hour
• Fully adjustable for different sizes
Softgel Polisher – Removes oil and shines softgels
• Up to 500,000 softgels per hour
• In-line – add it to the end of dryer line
Softgel Pulverizer – Separates and recovers fill material
from defective softgels
• Up to 200,000 softgels per hour
• Die rolls are available in a variety of sizes and cavities
• Made from hardened anodized aluminum
• Space between pockets is “bead blasted” to minimize gel adhesion
• Easier to time with colored timing marks on front of die rolls
• Faster heat transfer from the Teflon® coated aluminum wedges to the gel ribbon
• Available in a variety of sizes depending upon which system you are using
• An integeral part of the softgel kit
• “Gasket Free” Teflon® distribution plate improves regulatory compliance