This guide will answer all questions you have been asking about paper bag machine.
Whether you want to learn about the working principle, features, parts, classification criteria or design – you will find all information right here.
So keep reading to learn more.
- What Is Paper Bag Machine?
- What Are The Parts Of Paper Bag Machine?
- What Are The Common Applications Of Paper Bag Machines?
- How Does Paper Bag Machines Work?
- How Do You Specify Paper Bag Machine?
- What Are The Common Causes Of Paper Bag Machine Failure?
- What Are The Advantages Of Fully Automated Paper Bag Machine?
- How Does Manual Paper Bag Machine Compare With An Automatic Paper Bag Machine?
- What Are The Features Of Semi-automated Paper Bag Machine?
- What Are The Advantages Of Paper Bag Machines?
- How Much Does Paper Bag Machine Cost?
- What Are The Classifications Of Paper Bag Machines?
- What Materials Are Used In The Paper Bag Making Machines To Make Bags?
- How Do Sheet Fed Paper Bag Machines Compare To Roll-fed Paper Bag Machine?
- What Is The Air Supply And The Power Supply Of The Paper Bag Machine?
- What Is Square Bottom Paper Bag Machine?
- What Is A Window Attached Paper Bag Machine?
- Do You Produce OEM Paper Bag Machines?
- At What Speed Does Paper Bag Machine Operate?
- What Is The Life span Of Paper Bag Machine?
- Are There Paper Bag Machine Spare Parts?
- How Do You Print Inline In Paper Bag Machine?
- How Long Is The warranty of Paper Bag Machine?
- How Can You Choose The Suitable Paper Bag Machine?
What Is Paper Bag Machine?
A paper bag manufacturing machine is used in gathering, folding, stamping, and processing papers to create hygienic paper bags.
The paper bags are used for the packing items in a number of sectors, including food, medicinal items, grocery stores, and bakeries.
paper bag machine
What Are The Parts Of Paper Bag Machine?
The vital parts of a Paper Bag Machine include:
- The external structure – This protects the inner parts of the machine.
The dimensions determine the size of the machine; medium, small or large. It also determines the shape of the machine.
- Feeding section – It’s where the raw materials are placed into the machine.
- Unwinder unit – This unit uses a hydraulic system with brakes, which loads and easily releases paper rolls.
The tension control is installed on the unwinder unit to enable the smooth running of the paper web.
- The tube forming station – adjusts the bag width and gusset width between small to big range.
They are customizable forming plates that allow you to tailor the width of your paper bag to the appropriate value.
On particularly toughened wheel-type gussets, the gusset width is adjustable.
- The bottom-making part – is a bottom folding device that can be adjusted to provide a varied bag bottom width.
- Bottom pasting part – glues together the bottom part of the paper bag.
This part of the machine has water-based glue that is applied to the open part of the bottom.
- Completed paper bags come out through the delivery table. Here the bags are counted automatically and collected.
What Are The Common Applications Of Paper Bag Machines?
Paper bag machines are widely used in various industries. Some major industries include:
- Baking industry – It is used to pack the loaves of bread.
The paper bag serves an essential function in keeping the bread fresh for a lengthy period.
Notably, open paper bags provide a channel for the continual airflow within the packed bread.
The continual air flow results in crust formation in the bread, which crucial for preserving freshness.
- Grocery industry – The paper bag machines produce paper bags used to pack fruits intended for the market or direct customers.
They are hygienic and prevent contamination of the fruits during transportation.
The bags are also used for the ripening of fruits.
The fruits are placed into the bags, consequently ripening faster due to the ethylene gas they produce.
- Pharmaceutical industry – Also, paper bag machines manufacture medication paper bags that are tamper-resistant and contain child-resistant properties.
These help in the safe packaging of drugs in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Retail shopping – Lastly, most paper bags produced by paper bag machines are used in retail shops.
Packaging of products in paper bags after retail purchase is among the few after-sale services offered by the retailer.
How Does Paper Bag Machines Work?
The Paper bag-making process involves feeding of the raw material, followed by sealing, then cutting, and finally stacking the paper bags.
Feed Raw Materials Into The Machine
The first step involves the film unwind gadget, which feeds the film into the machine in the shape of rolls from a feeder roll.
However, the unravelling unfolds in a manner that leaves the film’s tension intact.
The film tension required here is provided by a pneumatic or friction brake.
The film unwinds, consequently folding correctly into the in feed chamber.
After it unwinds, the film is then fed directly into the feed chamber.
The film is then transferred to the next section via the feeder rollers.
The paper bag construction process begins only when the feeding procedure is completed.
Again, the feeder rollers, from the in-feed section, deliver the film materials to the forming stage at this step.
The forming step is where the actual construction of the paper bag takes place.
Sealing and cutting are the two major activities that occur here.
The film material is passed through the temperature-controlled elements for a set amount of time.
These heat-sensitive components ensure that the film is effectively sealed.
Importantly, the sealing time and temperature quantity must be determined by the type of material being processed.
That is, a higher-grade material would need a more significant temperature and a longer sealing duration.
The temperatures of the sealing components are maintained by separate hardware or a distinct accessory in some machines.
Following the completion of the sealing process, the materials are routed via chiller units, which are made up of numerous rollers.
The chiller units reduce the fabric’s temperature. The chiller rollers cool the materials by spraying them with water.
Most significantly, the machine type should be compatible with the method of sealing specified by the bag design.
After completion of the sealing process, the materials are routed via the cutters.
The cutters feature sharp blades that move up and down cutting the materials.
Normally, the cutting process is important to the manufacturing process.
Also, the cutting section’s blades chop the materials into various shapes and sizes.
The type of machine is primarily determined by the design of the cutting section.
Following the completion of the cutting and folding processes, the glue is applied.
Attaching and merging several cut parts occurs here. The gluing chamber, in particular, distributes glue on the paper bag’s ends.
The glue is applied both longitudinally and transversally. Following that, the bag moves on to the next step.
Almost finished paper bag is sent through a series of rollers, which applies force on the paper bags to ensuring they adhere together and come out in one piece.
The bags’ end portions are also folded correctly.
The bottom and top parts of the various paper bags need pasting. As a result, the paper bags must pass through the pasting section.
Pasted bags have good sealing characteristics that are excellent for packaging powdered goods and the powder itself.
They are suitable for packaging goods such as synthetic resins, chemical products, flour, carbon blocks, and meals.
Pasting works well with valve bags and single-bottom bags.
When the procedure is finished, the bags are transported to the stacker.
Here, the stacker piles the many pieces and send them to the conveyor.
The conveyor on the belt transports the various bits of paper bags to the discharge point, which acts as the final collection point.
How Do You Specify Paper Bag Machine?
There are some necessary specifications you need to have on your fingertips when purchasing a paper bag machine.
These specifications will ensure that you acquire a quality machine and help you produce competitive paper bags.
Commonly, the specifications are in the following areas; the control systems, paper dimensions, production speed, the type of material, and the bottom designs.
- Preferably, the machine should have an automated control system.
Consequently, enable it perform the gathering, folding, sealing, cutting, stacking, and conveying functions with ease.
- Concerning speed, the paper bag machine should be able to operate at optimum speed. There are speed types on the machine; the host speed, which is the speed set by the operator, and the actual speed.
Which is the machine’s actual operation speed. Remember, speed affects the production rate.
- Also, the paper bag machine ought to be capable of gluing the machine at one end to meet the paper bag’s market standards.
- Additionally, the machine should be able to produce paper bags with dimensions that match the market standards.
- Lastly, the size of the machine is vital since it directly determines the machine’s production level.
The dimensions of the paper bag may vary depending on the different countries’ standards.
What Are The Common Causes Of Paper Bag Machine Failure?
Similar to other machines, paper bag machines are prone to certain failures.
Below is a table showing the common failures, their causes and their possible solutions:
|Problem||Possible Cause||Possible Solution|
|Inappropriately designed corners of the paper bags||Inaccurate distance between the first and second clamp.|
Incorrect central clamp opening.
Inadequate pressure from the middle clamp.
Inadequate production pressure.
Misaligned bottom forming molds.
Wrong placement of the inserted knife.
Inaccurate size of the incorporated sides.
|Check and adjust the clamp distance and the positioning of the positioning of the central clamp opening.|
Try to adjust the middle clamp pressure and the production pressure.
Ensure the inserted knife is correctly placed and the bottom forming molds are well aligned.
Ensure the incorporated sides are correctly sized.
|Misalignment of the Paper Tube||Movement of the paper tube from its former position.||First check if the tube forming mold’s size is active then vertically adjust the middle insert wheels.|
|The Paper Tube is Flickering||Inappropriate positioning of the friction and pressure wheels|
Poor opening inclination of the insert plate
|After checking the positioning of the insert plate, and the pressure and friction wheels, adjust the position of the paper tube.|
|Manufactured paper bag has a poor closing||The length of the closing bar is not the same as the width of the paper bag.|
Wrong positioning of the closing bars.
Inaccurate height of the paper bag baffles
Dirty closing bar
|Check and ensure the length of the closing bar is the same as the width of the paper bag.|
Ensure the closing bars are correctly positioned.
Ascertain that the height of the paper bag baffles is accurate.
Clean the closing bar to remove any glue or dirt
|Inefficient Paper Bags Collection||Slow transport mechanism|
Low pressure at the delivery belt
|Adjust both the pressure and the delivery mechanism and the speed of the transport system.|
|Paper Bags have broken corners||Inaccurate dimensions of the incorporated sides.|
Wrong positioning of the bottom clamp
Inefficient pulling of the rollers
|Check the dimensions of the incorporated sides and the positioning of the bottom clamp.|
Adjust the pulling of the rollers.
|Machine not powering up||The electrical supply to the primary motor is out of phase.|
Main motor Hall switch or proximity switch signal failure.
Self-protection against failure of the primary motor inverter or servo drive.
Disconnected lines or inadequate contact with the mains.
|Ensure the machine is connected to the power supply and there is no protective measure obstructing it’s operation.|
What Are The Advantages Of Fully Automated Paper Bag Machine?
Full automation is an admirable feature in various machines.
automated paper bag machine
In paper bag machines, full automation has numerous advantages, including:
- Precise gathering and folding of the paper bags by the machines.
- Full automation allows independent operation of the machines since they rarely require manual supervision.
This is cost-efficient since you will cut your labor costs.
- Also, fully automated paper bag machines have a compact design. Consequently, they are portable and save on space.
- Fully automated paper bag machines are durable.
Due to their independent operation, the machines will not easily get damaged not unless they are wrongly programmed or used for the wrong purpose.
- Additionally, an automated paper bag machine operates continuously.
Hence, you will record high paper bag production capacity with these machines.
- Lastly, the automated paper bag machine produces a large number of bags in a short time.
How Does Manual Paper Bag Machine Compare With An Automatic Paper Bag Machine?
On Automation Level,
The automatic paper bag machine functions automatically from raw material loading to stacking the finished bags with little to no supervision.
Conversely, the manual paper bag machine requires labor in every step of the paper bag-making process.
Consequently, resulting in high cost of production of each paper bag.
manual paper bag machine
The automatic paper bag machine produces bags ranging from 100 to 1000 bags per minute, and at times it can exceed this speed.
On the other hand, manual paper bag machines can barely reach a speed of 100 bags per minute.
The automatic paper bag machine can punch holes in the paper bags and make windows while the manual cannot.
In a manual paper bag machine, the sizes of the bags are limited and are primarily small.
On the contrary, the automatic paper bag machine can produce a wide range of paper bag sizes. Notably, the sizes produced are according to your configurations.
automatic paper bag machine
What Are The Features Of Semi-automated Paper Bag Machine?
As the name suggests, a semi-automated machine has partial automation.
Meaning it is neither entirely manual nor fully automated. Some of its key features include:
- A sturdy structure that assures minimum vibration
- It seamlessly adjusts the sizes of the paper bags being manufactured.
- The machine uses a small amount of power.
- Because the raw sheets are properly fit in, the operational adjustment is quick and straightforward.
- It comes with a single-size plate and single-size paper bag gear.
- Increased durability
- Semi-automatic machines are available in three sizes: big, medium, and small.
- They need less maintenance and so save you money.
- They come in various plate and gear sizes. Satchel bags can also be purchased.
- It prides itself on high-speed paper bag manufacturing.
- To prevent rusting and corrosion, they are constructed with stainless steel.
semi-automated paper bag machine
- The machine length and breadth vary depending on whether the machine is huge, medium, or small in size.
What Are The Advantages Of Paper Bag Machines?
Here are some important reasons you should have a paper bag machine:
- Paper bag machines ease the paper bag production process.
Notably, a fully automated paper bag machine will result in the smooth production of paper bags.
However, both the manual and semi-automatic paper bag machines also fairly ease the production process.
- To some extent, paper bag machines help reduce the cost of production, especially when using fully or semi-automated paper bag machines.
- Also, the paper bags produced with the paper bag machine are of high quality.
During manual production, there are occurrences of errors which reduces the quality of the bags.
Paper bag machines limit the occurrence of such errors.
- Paper bag machines are durable.
These machines have a long service life due to their stainless steel body, iron cast frames, and sturdy structure.
How Much Does Paper Bag Machine Cost?
The cost of a paper bag machine is not fixed.
Majorly, the cost will vary depending on the size and the automation level of the machine.
Generally, the cost of a paper bag machine ranges between five thousand dollars ($5,000) to ninety thousand dollars ($90,000).
What Are The Classifications Of Paper Bag Machines?
There are various types of paper bag machines, including;
- Fully automated paper bag machine – is mostly computer-driven, making it efficient and cost-effective to make paper bags.
- Semi-automated paper bag machine– Unlike a fully automatic machine, a semi-automatic machine control process takes certain aspects from the manual system.
- Manual paper bag making machine – This equipment is operated manually and needs constant human monitoring to ensure proper operation.
- Square bottom paper bag machine – The square bottom paper bag producing machine is a piece of flexible equipment that employs rolling paper as its raw material.
It produces square-bottomed paper bags.
- Square bottom with double layer paper rolls machine – This machine is quite similar to the square bottom paper making machine.
It manufactures paper bags having visible two-layer square bottom.
- Square bottom with handle punching paper bag machine – It produces square bottom paper bags with punched handles.
- Hexagonal bottom paper bag machine– As the name suggests, this machine creates paper bags with a hexagonal-shaped bottom.
What Materials Are Used In The Paper Bag Making Machines To Make Bags?
The raw material used include;
- Ivory board paper
- White raft paper
- Film laminated paper
- White cardboard
- Brown kraft paper
- Glossy paper
- Khaki paper
- Art paper
- Coated paper
- Greaseproof paper
How Do Sheet Fed Paper Bag Machines Compare To Roll-fed Paper Bag Machine?
Paper bag machines can be classified into two based on the means of feeding the machines; sheet-fed paper bag machines and roll-fed paper bag machines.
Sheet-fed paper bag machines use art paper, white cardboard, film laminated paper and ivory board paper whose thickness is 120 to 350 grams per square meter.
Due to the machines’ structure and the paper material used, the machine has a 40 to 70 bags per minute speed range.
In a roll-fed paper bag machine, the raw material used is either white raft paper, brown kraft paper, coated paper, glossy paper, or khaki paper.
The flat and satchel paper speed ranges from 50 bags per minute to over 1000 bags per minute, and the square bottom bags can reach a speed of 250 bags per minute.
sheet fed paper bag machine
roll fed paper bag machine
What Is The Air Supply And The Power Supply Of The Paper Bag Machine?
Most paper bag machines operate with a compressed air supply of not more than 0.12m3/mn, an equivalent of 0.6 to 1.2 Mpa.
Concerning the power supply is, most paper bag machines have a 3 phase operating system which requires 380V, 50 HZ.
What Is Square Bottom Paper Bag Machine?
As the name implies, a square bottom machine makes square bottom paper bags. This machine uses paper rolls in printed or blank as the raw material.
This machine uses many techniques to achieve the square bottom of the bags. These include;
- Side gluing
- Rolling folding
- Folding of the bottom
- Gluing of the bottom
- Automatic center gluing
- Print tracking
- Forming the bottom
- Cutting the roll paper.
What Is A Window Attached Paper Bag Machine?
A window is a see-through plastic part of the paper bag. A part of the paper bag’s side is cut to form a widow.
The cut part is then fitted with plastic to make it transparent.
The plastic window gives the bag a fancier look, and it also adds strength and oil-resistant properties to the bag.
The windows can be placed on both the v-bottomed bags and the square-based bottom bags.
window attached paper bag machine
Do You Produce OEM Paper Bag Machines?
Yes, we are here to solve all your needs concerning paper bag machines. We can customize our machines to help meet your OEM requirements.
At What Speed Does Paper Bag Machine Operate?
The speed of a paper bag machine varies with the model that you have.
For example, a paper bag machine that makes flat and satchel bags has a speed range from 50 to 350 bags per minute
On the other hand, a twin stream paper bag machine can produce more than 1000 bags per minute.
The machine’s operating speed is affected by factors such as paper size and paper type.
Also, the automation level of the machine will determine its speed.
What Is The Life span Of Paper Bag Machine?
Paper bag machines are made of heavy-duty iron cast frames, which makes the machine durable.
If the machine is carefully handled and maintained properly, it can last up to thirty years.
Are There Paper Bag Machine Spare Parts?
The spare parts of the machine that you have are available for the model you have.
You are just required to visit the store you bought the machine and find the spare parts you require.
Alternatively, you can look up your manufacturer online and virtually make an order for the spare parts you need.
Also, you can get genuine spare parts of your paper bag machine from authorized dealers in your country.
How Do You Print Inline In Paper Bag Machine?
In-line printing is usually primarily available in 2 to 4 colors. Some machines use water-soluble ink that is environmentally friendly.
The roll’s paper web is conveyed through ceramic anilox rollers. These rollers apply the ink on the paper bags in the chosen pattern.
The inline printing speed varies from 5 to 100 meters per minute.
How Long Is The warranty of Paper Bag Machine?
The warranty of your machine depends on the supplier or manufacturer of the machine.
Generally, most warranties range from one year to five years.
How Can You Choose The Suitable Paper Bag Machine?
When looking for the proper paper bag machine type, we must consider all of the machine’s specifications.
Each paper bag machine is uniquely designed for a specific paper bag production.
Below are some vital specifications you should look out for to get a suitable paper bag machine:
- Dimensions of the paper bag produced by the machine – Ensure these dimensions match the type of paper bag you intend to produce.
- Size – The paper bag machine should not occupy all the space of your factory.
Choose a paper bag machine that will fit adequately into your factory.
- Production speed – The paper bag machine you choose should be able to meet your daily production target.
- Automation level – Outrightly, you should mainly consider purchasing a fully automated paper bag machine.
Consequently, you will significantly reduce the labor cost.
- Supplier/manufacturer – Do not turn a deaf ear to what people say about a manufacturer or supplier.
Purchase a paper bag machine from a manufacturer/supplier with a remarkable reputation. This will guarantee you a quality machine.
At SaintyCo, we will help you get a suitable paper bag machine for your market needs.
This is alongside other packaging machines such as candy packing machine, and pharmaceutical packaging machine.
Contact us now for all your paper bag machines.